Attorney Louis J. Willett
Northern California Lawyer Providing Personal Injury, Business Law, and Estate Planning Services
Experience is a crucial component in determining the lawyer you want to represent you in your personal injury case, business matter or estate plan. Attorney Louis J. Willett brings over 30 years of experience to work for his clients. Driven by a concern over the personal recovery and welfare of our clients, Mr. Willett strives to maintain strong working relationships with individuals while tailoring his approach to meet their needs.
Louis J. Willett has been a resident of the San Francisco Bay Area for over 60 years. He is a graduate of the University of San Francisco with degrees in economics with major study in accounting. He also graduated from the University of California, Hastings College of Law in San Francisco in 1968. He passed the bar examination in 1968 and was appointed as law clerk to the Hon. William T. Sweigert, Judge, United States District Court, Northern District of California.
Attorney Willett entered into private practice in 1970 with a law firm in Fremont, California which had a general practice. Working with these attorneys, he gained broad experience in business, estate planning, personal injury, family, and criminal law.
In 1974, Mr. Willett opened his own office, limiting his practice to civil cases. As such he was active in estate planning, business and personal injury work. Over the years, he has prepared over a thousand estate plans, in recent years mostly using living trusts. He has formed and been available for transactional representation and litigation support with an estimated one hundred companies. He has represented more than one hundred clients involved in personal injury accidents, with many millions of dollars in settlements. Favorable settlements are reached because he has also taken many cases successfully to trial and verdict.
Mr. Willett has been active in state and county bar associations, being a member of the litigation ad trust and estate sections. He is a member of the East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers (EBTEL).
Outside of his practice, Mr. Willett has been active in his local community as a member and past president of the Fremont Rotary Club and the Ohlone College Foundation, and has served on the Board of Directors of the Fremont Symphony Orchestra.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, CA, J.D., 1968
- University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, B.A. Economics, 1965
- California, 1969
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- Fremont Rotary Club
- Past President, 2007-2008
- Ohlone College Foundation, 1990-Present
- Board of Directors, Past President, 1991-1993
- East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers
- Washington Township Bar Association
- Past President, 1980-1981
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Litigation, Trust and Estates Section
- California State Bar Association
- Litigation, Business and Estate Sections
- Fremont Symphony Orchestra
- Former Member of Board of Directors
Past Employment Positions:
- Willett, Larose & McKay, Founding Partner
- Hon. William T. Sweigert, U.S. District Court, San Francisco, Law Clerk, 1968-1970
- California Community Colleges: Business Law, Consumer Law, and Televised Educational Series; Introduction to Law, Credentialed Instructor